Thursday 4 March 2010

World Book Day


This year I am on an economy drive. Having left work money for anything other than necessities is scarce. It would appear I consider books to be necessities. All the books in the picture above have been bought this year, along with half a dozen others that are already "visiting friends". Admittedly I was given book tokens as a leaving present by work and I allowed myself a treat with some of the money I got at Christmas but it is still a healthy haul for only 9 weeks.
At this rate the bookcases I am drawing up for the joiner aren't going to have space for long.
Postscript. The books currently on tour include "Kill-Grief" by Caroline Rance, "Blackmoor" by Edward Hogan, "Night Music" by JoJo Moyes and "Letters to Sister Benedicta" by Rose Tremain and then the postman has just brought me "Ottolenghi, the Cookbook", "Human Traces" by Sebastian Faulks, "Samuel Palmer, Vision and Landscape" and "The Artist's Way" by Julia Cameron.
Twitter, please stop recommending books

2 comments:

Lucy Fishwife said...

Oh that book "My Favourite Dress"... soooooo prettyyyy...
There is nothing like a huge mountain of books on a cold day to make you sigh happily and put the kettle on, clear the cat/dog off the sofa and sink into joyful escapism. Unless it's after lunchtime, in which case a nice glass of wine instead. xx

MapleStory Mesos said...

Good day. I like your blog post. It all looks fantastic