Friday 8 May 2009

Proof I lie...... the garden is green

Spring has sprung the grass is riz and despite my moanings of three days ago things are growing and flowering in the garden. The Clematis Montana has gone mad, but when it's in flower it is a joy. I am pleased with the white bluebells and Geranium Phaeum together, and all the bulbs are flowering. The tulips in particular have been lovely.

The pots on the yard are beginning to fill out,narcissi on the back door step, lilies, a fig, lilac, hostas and a load of herbs all trying to convince me summer is on the way. So far the slugs haven't found the hostas or the courgettes. I won't hold my breath.



The fountain is running again now, but what is idyllic plashing at 7pm in the sunshine becomes an intrusive torrent at 5am. That won't be a problem for long, it will seize up in the next 3 days, and I'm not cleaning it out. Nope, not me.
Palms and eucalyptus, can I fool myself I'm somewhere warm ? Unlikely, but it's a nice place to escape to with a glass of wine and a book. There's not much more you can ask for in a garden is there ?

Finally, the ridiculously overdressed Acer. When the clematis is in flower this is what happens, however, as well as the floral decoration, the tree is festooned with lights, bells and mini disco balls. Not all gardening is tasteful and we are a gnome free zone.




5 comments:

justme said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
justme said...

Whoops. Try again.....
Your garden looks lovely, and I approve of tree lights and disco balls too.
It's amazing what a difference a bit of sunshine makes.

French Fancy... said...

Should have been getting on the train to Venice now. Boo for not having the money. Hurrah for your lovely garden - tree lights rock

Katherine said...

Love it. For the first time this year I have a garden that doesn't resemble a train wreck...it's a bit bog standard boring but It's going to be fun trying to change that; you've inspired me!

Diablo III Gold said...


Genuinely my spouse and i value your time and effort you've made to share with you the knowledge.The subject here i observed really was powerful for the subject matter that we has been studying for some time D3 Items



Guild Wars 2 Items